Wednesday, March 2, 2011

January rain and February showers...

...spring forth March flowers!


I know I keep on posting pictures of spam with these beautiful orchids, but they never cease to blow me away with how much they keep on blooming! Joel bought these from an orchid sale at the hospital in March 2010, and they're still blooming strong.

Working at the hospital, we tend to like using things that are sterile in order to prevent infection from spreading between patients... which means there's quite a bit of wasted trash that we produce each day. An example is the flip-off tops that we toss out with each single- and multi-use iv vial.


From these colorful little doodads, I made some flower-shaped id badge holders for my cousin's coworkers, who saw the badge holder I made for her during Christmas and requested some:


Not bad for recycled goods, eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment