Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Beach excursion (sun, mar 4)



It was such a beautiful day that we couldn't help visiting our favorite little local beach spot. C loves the beach-- he goes into a zen state of calm when he runs his toys over the sand and makes ditches and mountains with them.

It's difficult to imagine living anywhere further inland than we already live (it's a good 5 minute drive to the beach on a not-so-busy day)... especially since my husband and I are surfers. In fact, a few hours after writing my uncle to inquire about jobs at the VA where he works, my heart sunk at the thought of living more inland. On that note, it's depressing that it's practically impossible for a veteran who has NO connections to current staff at our local VA to get a job there. *sigh*

Oh well... I like the hospital I work at now, and I work with a lot of great nurses. I especially love the older nurses on my floor. I love the mentorship they provide me, both as nurses and as mothers. I have always cherished the ability to have more mature and experienced women around me to give me guidance and advice when I needed it, especially at times that I (in my own stubbornness) didn't think I needed help at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment