Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who's lucky, niao? ;)

I think it's become obvious to everyone who works NOCS with me that I've been bitten by the crafting bug-- practically every break I have, I'm working on any of the multiple projects that I've chosen to (somewhat) commit myself to. My most recent one is this little kitty, who is lounging in my hubby's favorite "office chair":



The design is almost directly out of the book that started this whole crafting craze in my life (and a major reason why I shouldn't wander into bookstores alone), Stray Sock Sewing, by Dan Ta, which has a catchy little kitty cat on the cover page that I'm sure someone can figure out how to make after building up some major doll-crafting XP over time:



I won't post directions on how to make the doll here, but I will show you the basic supplies I used (minus a needle and a nifty little pen that writes on fabric and "disappears" after a day or two or a simple washing).



As you can plainly see, it doesn't take much to make this cute little doll. ;)

Some closeups of the kitty cat... starting with the front...



...and then the caboose. ;)



Isn't it cute? Don't tell my middle sister yet, but I really made it as a housewarming gift for her (she just moved into a new apartment). Shhhhh! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment